How much does it cost?
The Quote Calculator is only intended as a guide to the total cost of the build. Your final quote could be different to this amount.
I don't stock any parts and order them in for each build. Local collection is from my home in South East London or from Racer Rosa in Walthamstow.
If you want to learn more about the Quote Calculator see the version page.
- Build – £20.00 per wheel
- Build – £40.00 per wheelset (pair)
- Rebuild (rim replacement etc.) – £20.00 per wheel
- Basic truing – £5.00 per wheel
- Truing and re-tensioning – £10.00 per wheel
- Disassembly (of old wheel) – £5.00 per wheel
- Q-jump – £10.00 per order
- While-u-wait service – £5.00 per wheel
Hub or rim replacements will require taking the wheel apart, the cost of which is then added to the above cost of labour. I can true a wheel if it has a slight wobble but if the rim is very bent then truing won't really fix it and a new rim would be required. Resetting the dish of a wheel comes under basic truing and costs the same. I keep used but good spokes which you can have for a cheap build at only 10p each. Here are some of the services that I provide.
- help sourcing of parts (a surcharge will be added)
- fitting tyres and tubes (free)
- fitting sprockets and lockrings (free)
- cone adjustment (free)
- build with used spokes (10p each if available)
There are some services that I don't provide
- posting or delivering wheels
- re-greasing or servicing hub bearings
- build wheels with through axles
- repairing damaged wheels
Black spokes can often be difficult to source in the required length especially in the cheaper options. If this is the case in your build then I'll have to come back to you and look at other alternatives.
£ 20.00 each
£ 40.00 pair
Lacing / spoking patterns
I can offer various lacing patterns with 3-cross being the most standard and common one.radial, one–cross, two–cross, three–cross and four–cross. I also offer crow’s foot and hybrid lacing. It’s always better to get a new rim if you budget permits rather than use an old one as it’s the part that takes the most stress.
- Radial - no crosses for front wheels only
- 3-cross - the standard lacing pattern
- 4-cross - for large flange hubs or 40 hole
- Hybrid crow’s foot - for 32 hole wheels
- 2-cross crow’s foot - for 36 hole wheels
- 3-cross crow’s foot - for 36 hole wheels
- 2-leading, 2-trailing - for 32 hole wheels
- 3-leading, 3-trailing - for 36 hole wheels
- Snowflake - 3-cross with one or two twists
When I have a number of orders at the same time I will build the wheels on a first come first served basis. I will tell you where you are in the queue and expected turnaround time. If you need your wheels built urgently then you can jump to the front of the queue for an extra £10.00
You can pay with Paypal online, cash or with a personal cheque or via bank transfer.
Email me with the link below and ask for a quote if you want me to source parts and build as well. I don’t have any of the parts at home so have to order them which of course adds to the the turnaround time. The typical turnaround time is about 10 days from the time you place your order to the time you have the wheel in your hand.