Steps to reproduce: Left click and drag a task and try to drop it at a different place within the section in List view. Or, left click and drag a task and try to drop it elsewhere within the section in Board view.
How do I move a task in Asana?
There are two ways to move a task to a different Section:
- Drag and drop the task between Sections in the main pane. Read more.
- Click the Section name in the right pane. Read more and select a different Section from the drop down list.
Can you copy tasks in asana?
To duplicate a task:
Click the three dot icon from the right pane. Select Duplicate Task. Identify the components of the task you want to see in the duplicate. Select Create New Task.
How do I move tasks?
On Android, long press a task to enter edit mode.
Move tasks between lists
- Make sure context menus are turned on in Settings.
- Shift-click to select the desired tasks.
- Right-click to access the context menu and select Move tasks to…
- Choose the list you want to move tasks to.
How do I delete multiple tasks in asana?
Delete Bulk – Work Around
- Create private project titled “Delete me”
- Assign tasks that I want to delete to this project.
- Delete the entire project.
How do I see subtasks in asana?
If you would like to view your subtasks in your Project view, you can do so by going into the subtask details (https://asana.com/guide/help/tasks/subtasks#gl-subtask-details) and using Tab+P to open the project field or by going to the upper right drop-down and selecting “Add to Project.” This will put the subtask in …
Can you create subsections in Asana?
You can currently create Sections in Asana: “Tab+N” our new shortcut to create Sections. If you are using tags, you can also consider using Custom Fields. You can create a field for stage, priority, cost, or anything else that’s important to your workflow, team, and company.
How do I bulk copy tasks in asana?
What we currently have to do, since there is not a multiple copy feature:
- click on task.
- make a copy of task.
- check to include additional associated info.
- select all of these new copied tasks.
- add the project tag of the new one we’d like them to go to.
How do I assign a task to multiple people in asana?
You can assign copies of a task to multiple teammates, or even to a whole team, with just a couple of clicks from the task assignee field. Click the assignee field in any task then select the assign copies icon. Next, type the names of the teammates or teams you want to assign the copies to.
How do I undo a task in Asana?
There’s no explicit undo, but in the Change View menu (top right corner of main tasks pane) you can tick the radio button next to Completed Tasks to see only those, then Sort by Completion Date.
What are the methods to move tasks in the 2013 version?
Move tasks with the drag-and-drop method in Project 2013
- Display a columnar view.
- Select a task by clicking its task ID number. …
- Click and drag the task to wherever you want it to appear in the outline. …
- When the gray line is located where you want to insert the task, release the mouse button.
Can you drag and drop tasks in MS Project?
Many Microsoft Project users probably know that you can move tasks in any task view, such as the Gantt Chart view, by “dragging and dropping” the tasks. To drag and drop a task, click the row header at the far left end of the task row, then release the mouse button.
How do I move a row in a project?
Step by step on how to move tasks within an existing task list:
- Select the entire row corresponding to the task by clicking on the cell containing the task ID. …
- Click and drag the task to the location in the task list where you want the task listed, indicated by a line cursor.
- Drop the task to its new location.
How do I copy and paste subtasks in asana?
Figured out a way to do this pretty easily if all you care about are the titles.
- Click-and-drag select (i.e. text highlight) all the subtasks from the source task, and paste them out into Notepad.
- Make sure each item is one to a line in Notepad, and then copy the whole lot again.